If you see unnatural tearing in your child’s eye, or if he’s constantly rubbing his eyes don’t delay visiting the paediatric ophthalmology department in your nearest eye hospital. With age, your child’s eye undergoes quick change. But since a child can not express his feelings or discomfort in a proper way, the issue remains untreated. This ultimately leads to more serious eye problems in the future. So keeping a check with your child’s vision is of optimum importance.
How to know if your child has Eye related concerns?
That’s really tricky. Getting to know your child’s eye issues is not an easy task. You can not expect him/her to talk about the vision discomfort in person. Then how do you know what’s the problem? Simply by becoming more and more attentive to how your child behaves. You need to keep an eye on your child’s gestures such as the following to know about their vision discomfort. Check if your child is
- In the first place, rubbing the eye constantly
- Then, having excessive light sensitivity
- Also, having issues with focusing
- Moving the eyes abnormally
- Having redness in the eye
- Constantly watering in the eye
- Facing issues with seeing distant things
- Getting puzzled while following objects
- Unable to read the blackboard
- Having crossed eyes
- Holding a book very close to the eye etc.
What are some common eye diseases in children?
Although detecting the actual problem in your child’s eye is a bit tricky for the parents, a timely diagnosis and treatment can cure most of the issues. You just need to opt for a complete treatment of paediatric ophthalmology at your nearest eye hospital at the right time. Some common child eye allergies are:
Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis: This occurs due to the change of season, smoke, dust, cosmetics etc. If your child’s eye is infected with this disease he/she will show the symptoms like:
- Eye itchiness
- Pink or red eyes
- Blurry vision
- Light sensitivity
- Excessive tearing in the eye etc.
Atopic Keratoconjunctivitis: It comes with eczema or atopic dermatitis. As a result, your child will show the following signs of the disease:
- Burning sensation in the eye
- Cloudy vision
- Itchy eyes
- Too much watering
- Thick mucus discharge etc.
Talk to the best ophthalmologist in Mumbai for premium eye care for your little one. Other common eye diseases of a child are as follows:
- Refractive error where the shape of the eye makes it difficult to bend light in the proper way
- Strabismus or Squint where both the eyes are misaligned
- Infantile Cataracts where your child’s vision becomes cloudy
- Amblyopia where one eye of your child has poor vision but it looks like normal
- Retinoblastoma where a deadly tumour in the eye can cause vision loss etc.
How to prevent the occurrence of your child’s eye-related concerns?
Prevention is always far better than curing disease and you must know that. Therefore, make sure you take care of your child’s eye more seriously in the following ways:
- First, make a habit of wearing sunglasses or eyeglasses while your child is outside. This will prevent mould, dust or pollen from getting into the eyes.
- Second, keep them from rubbing their eyes when something gets into it. Rubbing can worsen the condition.
- Also, minimize your child’s scope of exposure to pollen or dust mites
- Besides, make a habit of cleaning your child’s eyes with cold water and never with hot water
- Then, keep a low humidity level at your house.
- Also, keep your house clean, and do the cleaning in the absence of your child.
Visit Arohi Eye Hospital for Paediatric Ophthalmology
If even after your efforts to prevent the occurrence of eye allergies in your child don’t work, seek immediate medical care. Visit our paediatric ophthalmology department at Arohi Eye Hospital for comprehensive eye treatment for your child. We have the most renowned child eye specialists in town who have years of experience in the relevant field. Our top-end infrastructure is also the best for treating the precious eyes of your little one. So for any of such requirements, Get in Touch with us.