Choosing the best ophthalmologist for your eye care among a wealth of options is a tough job. You need to choose the right one to ensure you get the best eye treatment. But how to know which eye specialist will be the best pick for you? Worry not, here is a complete guideline for the same.
Who is an ophthalmologist?
An ophthalmologist is an eye specialist with a medical degree in performing eye exams, diagnosing, prescribing medications, performing eye surgeries, and treating eye diseases. He also can write prescriptions for eyeglasses and contact lenses. An ophthalmologist undergoes extensive training at the medical college. Hence, they become medical and surgical specialists as well.
When to visit the best ophthalmologist in town?
If you have some previous eye problems and if you are using eyeglasses, we suggest you visit your eye specialist once a year. Or if you have some recurring eye issues, you can visit your eye doctor every six months. However, don’t delay visiting an ophthalmologist if you notice the following symptoms:
- Double vision
- Itching and burning sensation in the eye
- Dry eyes
- Floaters in the eye
- Sudden flashes of light
- Refractive errors
- Night blindness
- Difficulty to see in low light
- Colour blindness
- Cloudy vision
- Retina disorders
- Medical health conditions like thyroid disorder, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
Tips to choose the best eye specialist for your eye treatment
Okay, so now you know when to visit your eye doctor. But how to know which eye doctor should be your best choice? Here are some tips.
- Check the level of their work experience: Firstly, you can check the level of the work experience the eye doctor has gained so far. Checking the level of expertise of the ophthalmologist matters the most when it comes to eye treatment. Therefore, look for information about the years an eye doctor has spent in the specialized job. Know the kind of cases he has handled. Also, know how much success he has received in dealing with the cases. These will give you an insight into the expertise of the ophthalmologist and the level of treatment you can receive from him.
- Have a look at their professional credentials: Secondly, you have to check the professional credentials of the doctors you have shortlisted. Looking for professional credentials like licenses, certificates, and educational qualifications of the eye doctor will help you get an idea of his knowledge. Know if they attend any specialty conferences, or which medical college they have attended for studies. Also, know if they are involved in any board or society in their domain. However, you can talk to the renowned ophthalmologist in town if you are looking to get the best retina treatment in Mumbai.
- Check the accreditation and quality assurance of the hospital they are working with: Thirdly, you can have a look at the accreditation and quality assurance of the hospital the doctor is working with. If the doctor is associated with any eye hospital, know if it is equipped with advanced technology instruments. Look for the infrastructure, is it modern or outdated? Is the management of the place patient-friendly? Do they maintain patient safety and security? How many eye specialty departments are there in the hospital? Likewise, check the number of eye doctors involved in each department. Also, check if any doctor is available during emergencies or at weekends.
- Get referrals from your friends and family: Then, getting referrals from close friends or relatives is a reliable step. Before booking an appointment with any doctor, ask your family or friends about their opinion. Similarly, know if they trust that doctor or if they have undergone the same treatment with the doctor. Also, you can ask your reliable family physician to refer to some eye doctor of his choice.
- Check patient testimonials: Also, learn what other patients have to say about the eye doctor, his behavior, his way of treatment, patient care, and so on. Know if the hospital is compassionate towards the patients. Or if the hospital and the best ophthalmologist it might have are trustworthy. Also, know if the communication system of the hospital about appointment booking, following up, patient care, etc, are up to the mark. An existing patient or someone who has received treatment from the place earlier can be the best person to verify from.
- Talk to the eye specialist directly to understand more: So now if you have researched everything about the ophthalmologist, you can talk to him personally. You can meet him at his clinic and ask directly if you have any queries. You can check if you are comfortable with his way of treatment or the way he solves your problems etc.
Looking for the best ophthalmologist in Mumbai?
In conclusion, Arohi Eye Hospital is one of the renowned places in Mumbai with the best ophthalmologist in town. We have state-of-the-art infrastructure for treating various eye disorders. Starting from cataracts to retinal disorders to dry eyes or CVS, we have the best eye specialists and the best solution for everything. So, you can book your eye test slot today, or for more information, get in touch with us.