We all suffer from various eye diseases at some point in our lives. Some of them are minor while others are quite serious. Although minor ones go away on their own, the serious ones need special care from an expert. Timely detection and treatment can save your eyes from going blind. You can visit the best ophthalmologist in Mumbai as well. But for that, it’s important to know when it’s time to visit your eye doctor. Here are 4 common eye diseases, their causes, symptoms, and cure.
4 Common eye diseases you must be aware of
An ophthalmologist is an eye specialist with a medical degree in performing eye exams, diagnosing, prescribing medications, performing eye surgeries, and treating eye diseases. He also can write prescriptions for eyeglasses and contact lenses. An ophthalmologist undergoes extensive training at the medical college. Hence, they become medical and surgical specialists as well.
When to visit the best ophthalmologist in town?
1. Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a serious eye disease that damages the optic nerve in the eye. Pressure builds up in the eye and it gets worse over time. So early diagnosis and treatment are the keys to avoiding permanent vision damage.
What are some general causes of Glaucoma?
- Intraocular pressure rise
- Restricted or blocked drainage in your eye
- High blood pressure
- Some medications
- Poor blood flow to the optic nerve and so on.
What are some symptoms of Glaucoma?
- Severe pain in the eye
- Eye redness
- Sudden vision changes
- Blurry vision and so on.
How to cure Glaucoma?
Early diagnosis and treatment is the only way to prevent loss of vision from Glaucoma. Generally, eye surgery is required to treat this eye condition. Apart from that, some eye medications also help in getting the condition right. You can visit the top glaucoma specialist in Mumbai for the best care and treatment.
2. Dry Eyes: These days, excessive use of digital devices causes the eyes to dry and produce less lubrication than required. It causes dry eyes. However, there can be other causes as well, and some medication can cure it altogether.
What are some general causes of dry eyes?
- Topical eye drops
- Wind or dry air
- Eye allergies
- Vitamin deficiency
- Excessive use of digital devices and so on.
What are the symptoms of dry eyes?
- A burning or scratchy sensation in the eyes
- Light sensitivity
- Redness in the eye
- Problem with driving at night
- Mucus around the eyes
- Eye fatigue
- Blurry vision etc.
How to cure dry eyes?
Dry eye disease is not a serious condition, but timely detection and treatment is important to prevent further complications. However, doctors generally prescribe some eye medications like eye drops or oral medicines to treat dry eyes. Sometimes a few lifestyle changes also should be done to prevent vision damage from dry eyes. For advanced eye check-ups and guidance, visit the leading ophthalmologist in Mumbai.
3. Retinal Diseases: Retinal eye diseases impact any part of the retina, but mostly cause visual symptoms. Some retinal diseases include retinal detachment, diabetic retinopathy, retinal tear, macular hole, and so on.
What are some risk factors of Retinal diseases?
- Eye trauma
- Family history etc.
What are some warning signs of retinal diseases?
- Seeing floaters or cobwebs in the eye
- Defective side vision
- Blurred vision
- Sudden vision loss etc.
How to cure retinal diseases?
Retina treatment in Mumbai or anywhere in the world is generally done with some advanced medications and laser. However, the treatment procedure depends on the eye condition of the patient. In some cases, surgery is the only option left, so it’s best to visit the retina specialist to get your retinal conditions corrected.
4. Cataract: It’s a common eye problem in elderly people, mostly over 50 years of age. Some cloudy areas develop in the eye’s natural lens and make the overall vision blurry.
What are the general causes of cataracts?
- Old age
- Ultraviolet radiation
- Long term use of any medications like steroids
- Radiation therapy and so on.
What are the symptoms of cataracts?
Generally, cataracts develop at a very slow pace. However, some warning signs of cataracts may be like the following:
- Cloudy or dim vision
- Difficulty in night vision
- Light sensitivity
- Yellowing or fading of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Frequent power changes in eyeglasses etc.
How to cure cataracts?
Surgery is the only way to get cataracts cured. If you are diagnosed with cataracts, no medication or exercise can cure it, except cataract surgery. Although it’s not a big deal, you can get back to your normal life in a few weeks.
Some others are Conjunctivitis, Squint, Floaters, and so on. Visit the best glaucoma specialist in Mumbai for any relevant requirements.
Looking for the best treatment for eye diseases?
Arohi Eye Hospital is the leading eye hospital in the city that provides comprehensive eye care and treatment for different eye diseases. We have the most experienced eye experts in town and our infrastructure is also very advanced. So if you are looking to cure your or your loved ones’ eye diseases in the best possible way, get in touch with us.