What Are Some Vision Correction Methods for Better Eyesight?
People who use eyeglasses or contact lenses at some point in their life opt for vision correction procedures. Because obviously, wearing glasses or contact lenses can be torturous sometimes if you have higher numbers on your eyes. There are plenty of eyesight correction procedures available in the market nowadays. And all of them have different advantages and disadvantages. However, eye specialists in Arohi Eye Hospital, the best eye hospital in Mumbai can guide you regarding the one you must choose for your eyes.
So in this blog, we’ll dive deeper into the various types of vision correction procedures. Also, we’ll discuss the eye conditions that will require you to get your eyesight corrected. So let’s get started.
Issues that require vision correction
Good eyesight is an important factor for leading a healthy life for all. However, there can be some eye issues that might interrupt your daily life. But just like all other problems, your eye issues also can be corrected. Here are some conditions that require attention and care.
1. Myopia: Also known as nearsightedness, this condition leads to difficulty in seeing distant objects. This condition is caused due to a steeper cornea or an abnormally long eyeball that causes light to be focused in front of the retina. Talk to the renowned retina specialist if you feel any such discomfort in your eyes.
2. Presbyopia: This condition is farsightedness that occurs in people aged above 40. In this condition, the eyes lose their ability to move the focus between far and close objects.
3. Hyperopia: Also known as farsightedness, this condition leads to problems seeing near objects. A flatter cornea or an unnaturally short eyeball that causes the light to focus behind the retina is the reason behind this condition.
4. Astigmatism: The image looks distorted in this condition and the patient can also have double vision. People who have a long cornea instead of a round one, generally develop this condition.
So these are the eye conditions that generally require vision correction. You can opt for the best Laser eye treatment to get the discomforts corrected.
Factors to consider for vision correction
There are some factors that must be considered before deciding on your eyesight correction procedure and these are:
- Daily requirements: Like for reading, driving, etc. you need to wear eyeglasses. And if you need a more precise vision or get rid of eyeglasses, you need to go for an eye correction surgery.
- Lifestyle: If you are a sportsperson, contact lenses might be a good option for you. And if you are a pilot or in some profession that requires very precise vision, you must opt for an eyesight correction surgery.
- Overall health: People with chronic health conditions face difficulties in managing eyeglasses or contact lenses. So for them, eye correction surgery is the best option. The best eye hospital in Mumbai provides complete eye care and treatment to patients. So you can reach out to them for such relevant needs.
What are some vision correction options?
There are multiple vision correction procedures available for patients and these are:
- Contact lenses
- Surgical implants
- Refractive laser surgeries
Refractive error correction procedure includes various laser surgeries like the following. You can visit an experienced retina specialist for the best diagnosis and treatment of the issue.
- It is the most sought-after eyesight correction surgery
- Patients get outstanding results out of it
- Nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, presbyopia etc. can be corrected
- It reshapes the cornea to let light focus properly on the retina
- One must have a reasonable corneal thickness for the process
- Patients should be above 18 years of age
- People over the age of 50 should go for other vision correction procedures.
- It is used to treat myopia, but it’s a totally different approach than Lasik
- The surgeon makes a small flap from where corneal tissue is inserted with the help of a Laser. Then the tissue is taken out while flattening the cornea effectively.
- PRK or Photorefractive Keratectomy is an alternative to Lasik
- It reshapes your cornea using a laser after the surgeon removes the epithelial layer of the cornea. Then he places a protective lens on the eye to let fresh epithelium develop.
So as we have discussed, there can be various types of eyesight correction methods but depending on the health condition, requirements, and other factors, the eye surgeon prescribes one for any patient. Arohi Eye Hospital is the leading eye care centre in Mumbai that provides the best eye treatment facilities including laser eye treatment to patients of all ages. Book your appointment today with us to get your eyesight corrected with us.