Do you want a successful cataract operation? Obviously, yes! Who would say no to that!? But, the above question is only a way to let people know that you have come to the right place to understand how you can have a successful cataract operation. You need to have a mix of the right practices if you want your cataract surgery to be a successful one, and these include choosing the right surgeon, being rightly prepared, and following the right aftercare tips.
Choosing the right surgeon
First and foremost, you need to find the right surgeon for your surgery. By “right” here, we mean that you need to have your eyes operated only by an experienced professional who has enough experience of operating for cataracts, and has a vast number of successful cataract surgeries on their list of performances. Even though cataract surgeries have now gone robotic, where machineries handle all the major tasks, having a professional and experienced surgeon can only make your position stronger, and you confident.
Being rightly prepared
You think you choose the right surgeon and the job is done, is it? Then, you are wrong. Apart from having the right surgery done by the right surgeon, there are also tasks that need to be performed on your part to ensure that the upcoming surgery will be a success. What we are speaking about here is the preparations you need to do before the cataract surgery. For example,
- You will need to instill eye drops for several days prior to your surgery.
- You will need to avoid all kinds of makeup and hair-related chemicals a few days prior to your surgery.
- You will need to have your last snacks, meal, and dessert before midnight, the night before you surgery.
- You need to keep yourself completely hydrated with fluids on the day of the surgery before you get onto the operating table. But, you will have to stop any kind of intake 3 hours before the surgery time.
- Have your doctor informed about all the medications you are on before signing up for a cataract surgery, because you may have to stop or make a replacement for the intake of certain medications a few days before the surgery.
Following the right aftercare tips
As much as it is important to be rightly prepared before the surgery, it is equally important to take care of your eyes after the cataract surgery, if you want a faster and better recovery. For example,
- Instill the prescribed eye drops properly and on time for as many days as the doctor tells you to.
- Avoid driving and working for 48 hours after the surgery.
- Never rub your eyes no matter how critical the urge.
- Wear sunglasses as much as possible, especially when you are out in the sun, or under bright lights, as your eyes will be quite sensitive to light for a few days after the surgery.
- Wear an eye patch as recommended by your surgeon.
- Avoid all kinds of stress for the first few days after the surgery. Just rest and relax as much as possible.
- Do not lift heavy objects until you are allowed to by your doctor.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs, fires, smoke, and barbeques for 7-10 days after the surgery.
If you follow all these right measures, you can be sure that your cataract surgery will be a success. So, worry not, and book an appointment at Arohi Eye Hospital for the best cataract surgery in Mumbai right away!