The full form of LASIK treatment is “laser-in-situ-keratomileusis”. It is a popular surgery, commonly done for correcting refractive errors in human eyes like farsightedness, nearsightedness, astigmatism, etc. With this surgery, eye surgeons use advanced laser technology to reshape the cornea. This, in turn, allows the light to travel without any hindrance onto the retina, the back part of the eye.
Lasik is a quick procedure and recovery is also rapid. It ensures that you don’t need to wear eyeglasses or contact lenses anymore. However, it generally depends on the eye condition of the patient after the Laser is done. But for the majority of patients, the Laser is the best solution to eliminate all the daily troubles with contact lenses and glasses. It gives you an excellent vision that you have been longing for a long time.
Why should you discard contact lenses and eyeglasses?
Wearing glasses or contact lenses has its advantages and disadvantages. You might think that using these is feasible, but in our daily lives, it might create some problems. Hence, you might want to switch from wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses with the help of the best eye surgeon in Mumbai or anywhere you live.
Here are some disadvantages of using glasses:
- Some glasses are breakable, rigid, and not always flexible.
- Going with the ever-changing trend might cause you to spend a lot of money on eyeglasses if you consider them as fashion accessories.
- Glasses tend to fog up in winters and you have to clean them frequently. It becomes frustrating in your daily life.
- You have to carry a cleaning cloth and cleaner with you everywhere since using some other clothes to clean the glasses can put scratch marks on them.
Hence, to get rid of the glasses, a lot of patients opt for LASIK surgery at the topmost eye care center.
However, people who dislike wearing eyeglasses sometimes go for contact lenses for more convenience. Here are some disadvantages of wearing contact lenses in your daily life.
- The laser procedure requires you to get zero stitches and bandages.
- You feel very negligible pain during the Laser surgery.
- It lets you retouch after a long time to rectify new refractive errors.
- You recover from the blues of surgery quickly.
- Within a few hours, you get to experience better eyesight for sure.
- You get rid of spending money on costly contact lenses, eyeglasses, and other accessories.
How expensive is Lasik treatment?
Lasik surgery costs depend on the type of lens used in it, the eye health of the patient, the complexity of the refractive error of the surgery, and so on. Arohi Eye Hospital provides the best laser eye surgery cost in Mumbai. We have the latest instruments for diagnosis and treatment. Our Laser surgery cost ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 1 Lakhs. So yes, you get the best treatment from the best eye care hospital in Mumbai.
How to take care of your eyes before and after the Lasik surgery?
Here are some recommendations on how to care for your eyes before and after the surgery is done.
- Refrain from wearing contact lenses before 24 hours of the surgery.
- Do not wear perfume, makeup, or any such products before the surgery is done.
- Skip wearing fleece or wool before you undergo the surgery.
- Avoid driving to the hospital yourself, take one friend or relative along with you.
- Wear clear eyeglasses for the next 2 days of the LASIK surgery.
- Use eye drops as prescribed by your doctor until there is complete healing.
- Also, put eye drops whenever you feel your eyes are drying out.
- Do not rub your eyes in any situation.
- Refrain from watching television, or using any digital devices for a long time.
- You can read newspapers or books for a limited time.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol until you heal.
- Don’t drive yourself for at least a week.
So yes, Laser surgery really changes your eyesight and vision for the good. Arohi Eye Hospital is the top eye care center for the most affordable and effective Laser surgery and treatment in Mumbai. Get in touch with us right away to get your eyesight corrected with Lasik eye surgery.