Getting rid of your eyeglasses and not having to wear them ever again is freedom. Lasik Treatment gives you that freedom in just around 15 minutes. Thanks to advanced Laser eye surgery, now you can open your eyes and see the world more clearly without using your boring glasses or contact lenses.
But to get the best results, the recovery time after Lasik surgery is crucial. You need to follow certain precautions after Lasik surgery by your eye specialists and take caution. Read ahead to get the best tips to recover from Lasik surgery.
Post Lasik surgery precautions: How to recover faster after Lasik Surgery?
There are a few things that you should maintain after undergoing Lasik surgery if you want to quicken the recovery process. Your eye surgeon will guide you properly.
The best eye surgeon in Mumbai at Arohi Eye Hospital has also given some guidelines. Practice the following Lasik surgery recovery tips rigorously to get the best results.
- Don’t touch or rub your eyes: You may feel some irritation in your eyes after the surgery. But remember not to touch your eyes or rub them. Touching or rubbing your eyes may worsen the condition and delay the healing process. It can even hurt your eyes and make the entire situation challenging.
- Apply eye drops as suggested: The precautions after lasik treatment is crucial. Apply the prescribed eye drops at the prescribed time. Also, take the medicines or ointments at the right time to fasten the healing process.
- Get the right eye protection: Your eyes are vulnerable after the Lasik surgery is done. A gust of wind or flashes of strong light may hurt the eyes in a very bad way. So getting the right eye protection for a few days after the surgery is essential.
- Avoid harsh daylight: Also, it’s important that you don’t expose your eyes to strong daylight or any artificial light. Staying in soft and dim light will soothe your eyes and aid the healing process.
- Avoid heavy exercises or sports for a week: Playing any sports outside or exercising after the surgery should be avoided for a week. The unrest, stress, and sudden movement of your body may delay recovery to your eyes. So avoid outdoor sports and exercise for a few days.
- Avoid soap in your eyes for 24 hours: Taking a shower might cause water to infect your eyes. Avoid putting soap in your eyes, and avoid a head shower for a week.
- Do the follow-ups properly: Post-surgery follow-ups with your eye surgeon are vital. The doctor can detect any possible post-surgery anomalies in your eyes and suggest a cure.
- Relax more and take rest: Take more rest and avoid taking any stress after you have undergone the Lasik eye surgery. Stay at home and maintain all the prescribed instructions of your eye doctor and quicken the healing process to get back to your previous routine as soon as possible.
However, for the best Lasik surgery in Mumbai, you can reach out to Arohi Eye Hospital.
How do you clean your face after Lasik Treatment?
To be on the safe side, you must avoid washing your face for at least 24 hours after you undergo the surgery. Avoid getting water and soap into your eyes for almost a week to stay away from any infections, irritations, burning, harm to the corneal opening, and other dry eyes issues.
Hence, it’s a good idea to learn the right ways to wash your face and wait a few days before you implement these. Do the following:
- If you can avoid applying face wash on the forehead. Because from the forehead, the facewash can easily trickle down to the eyes.
- Apply the face wash carefully on the face, skip the eye area.
- If you apply it on the forehead, gently remove the facewash from there.
- Don’t splash water on your face.
- After that, pat dry your face with a towel, don’t rub harshly.
Post Lasik Treatment Care: How many days rest is required?
As a part of the immediate Lasik recovery process, you have to close your eyes for at least 2 to 4 hours after you have undergone the surgery. On average, Lasik treatment recovery time for some people may go from 1 week to 10 days while some others may take up to 6 weeks to get completely healed. You will have a follow-up consultation with the Doctor the next day of your surgery, and you may be able to get back to work on the second day.
Schedule your Lasik Consultation with the best eye surgeon in Mumbai
Lasik is the most painless, fastest, and easiest way to get your eyesight corrected and remove the eyeglasses for life. And Arohi Eye Hospital is the best place for Lasik surgery in Mumbai. We have the most advanced state-of-the-art equipment for the procedure and all our medical and non-medical staff have years of experience. So if you are looking to get your vision corrected and get rid of your eyeglasses, get in touch with us.