Contoura Vision eye surgery is an advanced version of Lasik surgery that provides improved benefits to the patients who wish to get rid of their eyeglasses. People who are not eligible for undergoing Lasik surgery due to irregularities in the cornea can also get good results with this advanced technique. The top Mumbai eye hospital has advanced Laser machines where the process of vision correction is carried out.
What is Contoura Vision?
Contoura Vision is also known as topography-guided Lasik Surgery. It’s the latest advancement in the removal of specs by Laser vision correction. But while Lasik & SMILE procedures only correct the power of the eyeglass, Contoura procedure corrects the corneal irregularities besides working on Visual Axis. This way Contoura treatment provides sharper visual outcomes which are not possible by Lasik and SMILE procedures.
Is Contoura Vision Eye Surgery Better Than Lasik?
Both Lasik surgery and Contoura procedure are performed to improve nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. But there are basic differences between these two in terms of technology, scopes, results, etc. let’s discuss.
1. Although Lasik surgery eliminates the need for eyeglasses or contact lenses, Contoura vision gives more visual acuity and better refractive results in more cases. Contoura is a computer-aided topographic mapping method that maps microscopic contours on the clear front of the eye, i.e. the cornea.
2. Contoura cures the anomalies of the curvature of the cornea as well as optics. The treatment is based on the visual axis of the eye. Whereas, other Lasik procedures are based on the eyeball.
3. The contours of the cornea are generated by advanced computer analysis and are programmed into a specially designed laser. 22,000 points of the cornea are mapped in this process. Your Ophthalmologist then makes an individualized treatment plan for each patient. Since no eyes are similar, each treatment plan is different from the other.
4. This topography-guided Lasik surgery refines the abnormalities of the cornea. The quality of your vision is restored so that the light can penetrate the eye easily and evenly. Hence the vision is clear and sharp. This technique is an advanced version of the standard corrections. After contoura vision, most of the patients can see more clearly even without their eyeglasses than their earlier version of vision correction. Also, there are remarkably fewer issues with glare around the lights. Even studies have recorded a drop in complaints by the patients about driving at night.
5. Contoura vision correction gives exciting results. Among the patients who have received this treatment 65% (approx) have improvements better than 6/6 (source: Eye7 Eye Hospitals). Also, there’s faster healing and less tissue damage. In some cases where people have had Lasik surgery earlier but are not satisfied with the results also opt for Contoura treatment.
This topography-guided Lasik surgery is the most advanced, safest and latest method of specs removal and vision correction. So yes, contoura vision treatment is better than Lasik Surgery. Opt for your best specs removal and vision correction method with Contoura vision in Mumbai.
Who is Eligible for Contoura Vision treatment?
Contoura method is a technique that is approved by the US FDA. it delivers better results than Lasik and SMILE. So it is recommended by the Ophthalmologists and quickly gaining massive popularity among the patients. Here are the eligibility criteria for the patients to undergo this process.
- The patient must be above 18 years
- He must have a steady prescription for eyewear
- He must have <3D cyl. Power
- His cornea should not be thin
- His eye power should not be spherical >8D
- He should not be suffering from any major corneal pathology.
How Much Does the Contoura Procedure Cost?
The advanced form of vision correction, contoura treatment was introduced recently. With its sophisticated information capture system, it takes laser vision correction one step ahead. This technology enables patients to see things in more detail. Also, they can see colours with more vibrancy and textures. The advanced system used in this method has the capability to capture 22,000 unique images per eye for vision correction. The previous industry standard was 9,000 images per eye. So the use of advanced technology contoura treatment rectifies the vision more efficiently. The cost of contoura vision in Mumbai starts from 55000 INR.
Why Choose Contoura Vision at Arohi Eye Hospital?
Choose this topography-guided Lasik surgery for getting an improved quality and quantity of vision. Also with this, your procedure and post-procedure experience will be great. Arohi Eye Hospital is the leading name for Contoura eyesight treatment in India. With the latest technology equipment, our Ophthalmologists perform this procedure with great success. So for any kind of consultation on your vision correction, Get in Touch with us.